Saturday, June 12, 2010

Lesson Six Blog

For this week's blog, I was asked to create a WebQuest, describe what I created, post its URL, and then discuss the challenges I faced in the process.

I created a WebQuest that asks students to compare and contrast their lives with children living in Pioneer times. This content is assessed in the area of Social Studies. My WebQuest asks students to be creative as they determine the similarities and differences in the two time periods. I believe they'll enjoy completing the activities I have planned.

My WebQuest can be accessed by visiting the following URL:

http://questgarden.com/104/97/4/100612122523/


Here is a copy/paste of my WebQuest:

Wq 1
View more documents from David Jenkins.


Wq 2
View more documents from David Jenkins.


Wq 3
View more documents from David Jenkins.


Wq 4
View more documents from David Jenkins.


Wq 5
View more documents from David Jenkins.


As I completed my WebQuest, I faced a few unexpected challenges. First off, as soon as I learned about my assignment, a million different ideas went running through my head for my WebQuest. However, after reading the chapter and other helpful resources, I learned that it's essential to be organized when making a WebQuest. This really helped me slow down and think sequentially as I developed my project.

Secondly, I encountered a few problems with QuestGarden as I worked on my WebQuest. For some reason, all the work I completed at first didn't save. There may have been a glitch in the system on that day because some of my classmates in EDOL 533 had the same problem. Another challenge I faced was figuring out how to embed a document from my computer. For the WebQuest, I typed up some documents using Microsoft Word and used a website called "Slide Share" where you can upload and embed or email documents. This site was extremely helpful for me as I finished my WebQuest. I also used this URL to embed Microsoft Word documents I created with the WebQuest I made.

Overall, this was a very entertaining and informative process. I hope to make more WebQuests in the future so that I can utilize them in my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment